Who can apply?
People with experience in cultural activities (artists, cultural managers, producers, entrepreneurs in the area of creative industries), specialists in connected fields (social and educational studies, architecture and urbanism, education, technology, tourism, international relations). Medium and advanced knowledge of English is a must (speaking and writing).
Curator – collaborator attributions:
– research on the framework of the competition for the title of European Capital of Culture, understanding the concept of Timisoara’s candidacy, the structure and mechanisms of the Cultural Program;
– development of a program among those that already exist in the first candidacy file or the initiation of a new program: concept, European dimension, activities, calendar, budget, local, regional and international partners, connections to other chapters of the candidacy (approximately 5 days, deadline may 25);
– collaboration with the team of the Cultural Program and external consultants, and participation to work meetings (approximately 2 days);
– presentation of the curated program during public consultation events (approximately 2 days);
The estimated working time is 10 days within the April 25 – May 25 2016 interval, based on a flat fee, paid upon the delivery of the agreed documents. The work meetings with the extended team of the Cultural Program will take place at the offices of the Timisoara European Capital of Culture Association (Maria Theresia Bastion, Building B1, 1st floor).
Please apply with the following documents, sent in English:
– Detailed CV, showing the experience in the development of cultural programs, including a list of relevant European projects developed or that you worked at during the past 3-5 years;
– cover letter (maximum one page), analyzing the development possibilities for one of the existing programs or proposing a new program, included in the ”Shine your light, Light up your city” concept;
– legal persons may submit their candidacy as a bid, plus the detailed CVs of the persons involved.
The selection will be carried out by the members of the Timisoara2021 team, together with international consultants of the project. Applications can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 19 2016, 6 PM. Selection period: April 19 – 21 2016.
For more information, please visit timisoara2021.ro or write to email@example.com