An important metaphor of the artistic vision for TM2021 is the POWER STATION, pumping energy into the entire body of projects. Imagine a resource and competence-building center for the local cultural scene, as well as a genuine bank of shared logistic resources at the disposal of cultural programme organisers.
This vision could not be achieved without a POWER STATION MANAGER, whose main objective is to strengthen local competencies in arts and culture.
Fast forward one year:
- During the StartUp phase of TM2021 you have developed close relationships with up to 30 local cultural organisations, assessing their needs, making recommendations, and empowering them to make improvements. Similar partnerships and expert exchanges have been formed, involving 20-25 international organisations, sharing practice and joined by about 20 guest experts and over 200 active participants.
- Your prior experience with transnational education projects, your international outlook and understanding of how educational institutions work, as well as your perfect Romanian and English skills have really made a difference in designing and organizing mobility experiences and exchanges (internships, study visits, etc.) with partner European Capitals of Culture and other European partners.
- We thought that organizing two important conferences in this timeframe would be near impossible, but you proved us wrong. Your excellent organizing skills coupled with your impressive contact network enabled this result. International networking opportunities and intensive interaction between local cultural operators and European partners were thus developed.
- Under your supervision, 5 to 8 capacity-building training sessions were organized: for cultural institutions, associations and public administration, for tourism operators, volunteers, teachers and artists as cultural facilitators – just take your pick.
- You have increased the number of internships and artistic residency programmes (in Timisoara for international artists and in Europe for local ones), thus building and strengthening connections with other European cultures and scenes.
To be continued…
Curious about the next chapters of these stories? Take your pick and imagine writing one of them yourself.
Our vision is to redefine Timisoara’s international cultural profile, overcome citizens’ passivity, generate a new sense of community, in brief to reignite ‘’the spirit of Timisoara’’, this time through culture. Join us in this Journey. We promise no 9 to 5 jobs, but we offer unchartered cultural territories to explore.
If you’d like any of the stories above to be yours, send your CV in Romanian and English to firstname.lastname@example.org until the 1st of August 2017, specifying the position you are interested in. Don’t forget to include a maximum one-page write-up describing your role in a project/activity/initiative/experience that you are most proud of and consider relevant for the job in question.
Please note that Romanian language at mother tongue level with excellent writing skills and very good proven English skills (written and spoken) are mandatory. Knowledge of regional languages (Hungarian, Serbian, German, Italian, etc.) is considered an advantage.
The initial screening and interviews will be carried out by AIMS International Romania, Timisoara office, an independent HR consultancy, recruitment and training company. The final interviews will be conducted between 17-18 of August 2017 in both Romanian and English. We can hardly wait to start working with you – even as early as the 1st of September, if that suits you.